NOW ON DISCORD...

Click here for the latest news
Agamemnon
Grand Master

NOW ON DISCORD...

Post by Agamemnon »

For anyone interested, we now have a discord server going. Feel free to join us.

https://discord.gg/6pBQmSt
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Re: NOW ON DISCORD...

Post by Agamemnon »

Our discord server has a fair number of users, now and has arguably been more active than the forums.

I've admittedly been more active there than here, if only because I tend to have discord open while working throughout the day.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Isn't it a bit ... messy ... on discord?

Is it a chat room or a forum? I miss overview a lot there... ANd being able to properly follow topics by reading what was written in an orderly way :D German...
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Kind of a chatroom with a number of channels, but it also has a different energy to it. Interacting more or less in real time rather than through lengthy, thought-out posts. I don't think it replaces the forums in any way, but it is a nice little community growing.

dav
Recruit

Post by dav »

FWIW - I've had a surprising degree of success running a campaign over Slack (basically the same as Discord).

There's a dicebot for rolls, and I use DMs and private channels to enforce separation of knowledge, which makes all sorts of things simple that are impractical IRL.

If anyone's keen to run a game of S&S on Discord, I'd be all over it like a rash.
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

dav wrote:FWIW - I've had a surprising degree of success running a campaign over Slack (basically the same as Discord).

There's a dicebot for rolls, and I use DMs and private channels to enforce separation of knowledge, which makes all sorts of things simple that are impractical IRL.

If anyone's keen to run a game of S&S on Discord, I'd be all over it like a rash.
And what about establishing initiative in duels, etc? Is there a practical way to do this?
dav
Recruit

Post by dav »

The campaign i'm running is D&D, not S&S, but using direct messages would work just fine.

GM: Throw for initiative!
Players -> GM: [red | white]
GM: *laughs* you've both thrown red. Gird your loins.