Other Character Sheet Bugs Thread

Click here for the latest news
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Other Character Sheet Bugs Thread

Post by Agamemnon »

I realized there was an error on the character sheets, where bulk was being calculated. I had Brawn Tap Value where it should have been Brawn. This was an error on my part doing the graphics for the sheet, rather than Barbarossa's in coding. It has already been fixed and the new sheets are in the download section, as v1.0.0a. This did not affect the roll20 sheet, which is correct as-is.

Any future typos/errors/gremlins can go here.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Re: Other Character Sheet Bugs Thread

Post by thirtythr33 »

Why change the tap values to numbers instead of tick boxes like for drives?

Also on the website, Anatomy of a scoundrel page under Arms and Armor heading.
It has "Passing as blunt trauma". Is this meant to be "parsing as blunt trauma"? Even then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

thirtythr33 wrote:Why change the tap values to numbers instead of tick boxes like for drives?

Also on the website, Anatomy of a scoundrel page under Arms and Armor heading.
It has "Passing as blunt trauma". Is this meant to be "parsing as blunt trauma"? Even then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
That should have read "passing on." Fixed.

Insofar as tap values, two things:
1) the purpose of having tap values on the edges is to make it easy to skim through all of your taps at a glance. Comparing the two, it's easier to do that on the form-fillable sheet with a number box than the check boxes. The check boxes work great on paper, but visually don't pop quite the same way due to the form-fillable interface.

2) Having numbers there leaves us the possibility of having them auto-calculate later, should we A) figure out exactly how to make the java script work for that and B) have the time/effort available to code all 150 tap boxes individually.

It should be here noted that neither Barb nor I have a functional knowledge of Javascript, and that most of what Barb knows of HTML he learned in the process of hacking together code for the character sheet. We're figuring all this out as we go along, but we wanted you lot to have some stuff to play with.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Then why aren't Drives numbers by the same logic? I'm just confused why it is split half number, half dots.

And having lists of numbers set out in similar but inconsistent ways (skills inside and right aligned versus tapping at outside edges) could be kind of confusing if they aren't clearly stylized differently.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

There is an error with the Deluxe Sheet. Namely in last page (Character Creation Worksheet) in Traits, the first two Trait Cost Fields won't update remaining points.
Agamemnon wrote:The check boxes work great on paper, but visually don't pop quite the same way due to the form-fillable interface.
thirtythr33 wrote:Then why aren't Drives numbers by the same logic? I'm just confused why it is split half number, half dots.
While I figured as much, think that thirtythr33 is right. The Attribute/Skill Tap values could be made like Drives. Even if I do understand it's tedious to code as its 1+3 entries instead of 1+1 per Ability.
thirtythr33 wrote:And having lists of numbers set out in similar but inconsistent ways (skills inside and right aligned versus tapping at outside edges) could be kind of confusing if they aren't clearly stylized differently.
Yeah, that struck me as odd to. Maybe it's my OCD kicking in, still there's no symmetry in the design, making it hard to find what I'm looking for at times. This issue appears only in the first page for Attributes and Skills. The first column is [Tap][Ability][Rank], while the second column is [Ability][Rank][Tap]. I'd prefer it if it was something like [Tap][Ability][Rank] | [Rank][Ability][Tap]. Or simply get those dots for tap instead of numbers.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
nemedeus
Scholar

Post by nemedeus »

Okay it actually really bugs me that no one has brought this up yet:
was"AMPIT" intentional? because, you DO have the space for that extra R. AND you have other hit locations that have longer names.
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

nemedeus wrote:Okay it actually really bugs me that no one has brought this up yet:
was"AMPIT" intentional? because, you DO have the space for that extra R. AND you have other hit locations that have longer names.
Well, we gotta AMP IT up, or we'll never improve ;)

Good catch, btw.
"You can never have too many knives."
- Logen Ninefingers, The Blade Itself
nemedeus
Scholar

Post by nemedeus »

hehehe...

the funny thing is, i think that's been there since BoB's time? Possibly...
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

The skills are sorted alphabetically apart from Coercion and Command, which are in the wrong order.
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Change log
All character sheets:
  • Corrected the order of command and coercion to reflect proper alphabetical order.
  • Corrected spelling of Armpit on armor listing
Both Form-Fillable Character Sheets
  • All tap values now auto-calculate. (This is a buff)
Deluxe Form-Fillable Character Sheet
  • Trait value calculation now includes free attributes
  • Free Lore Skill now calculates properly if additional points are spent into it.

Links have been updated in the download section.