SWORD & SCOUNDREL 0.2.1 HAS ARRIVED

Click here for the latest news
Agamemnon
Grand Master

SWORD & SCOUNDREL 0.2.1 HAS ARRIVED

Post by Agamemnon »

I’d like to start off with a big thanks to all of you who have been with us so far. It’s been a ridiculous journey, but things have never looked better. In particular, I’d like to thank all of you who gave feedback on the last update. I may be writing the game, but it’s you guys who make it great.

This release features a number of clarifications and minor fixes, but the big news is that the Sword & Scoundrel beta now has a new home, over at DriveThruRPG. The beta document is and will remain entirely free, but if you’re one of our fans who have been asking how you can help out, or you think what we’re doing is valuable, we greatly appreciate any support you want to throw our way. All of the funds raised for the foreseeable future will go towards commissioning art for the book proper.

Joining this release, the print character sheet is now available in our downloads section, with the Form-Fillable pdf and Roll20 variants coming down the pipe in the near future.

You guys have been awesome. Thanks for the ride.

-Malloy

(As always, feel free to join the conversation on our Discord Server)
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
thorgarth
Journeyman

Re: SWORD & SCOUNDREL 0.2.1 HAS ARRIVED

Post by thorgarth »

Cheers, and here's to the development of the missing parts. I'm personally VERY curious with the chapter on Magic (or Sorcery, as it seems thematically more appropriate to us Scoundrels).
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

I'm elbow-deep in GM stuff now. I'm hoping that I can get it in sooner than later, then we get to do the fun stuff like magic. Sorcery will be fun.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
thorgarth
Journeyman

Post by thorgarth »

Agamemnon don't forget to add the Character Sheet to DriveThruRPG to make it available to as wide an audience as possible. ;)
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

I'm going to upload it to DTRPG once I get the form-fillable one done, so they can be available together as a bundle.

thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Christmas has come early!

"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
pepe_andre
Recruit

Post by pepe_andre »

Since Sword & Scoundrel is now on DrivethruRPG: Would you like to see community made expansions to the core rules there or is that something you would rather implement yourself if you see it fit? I was thinking about writing up a expansion for contemporary and scifi guns as well as a in-depth martial arts system. I do not know when I will have the time to do that but I would like to know in advane how you would like to handle this.
Cheers!
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

When it comes to having community-produced commercial projects? I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm not against the idea at all, but it's definitely something that I need to talk to some people about. There's a lot of legal, logistical, and practical elements that I haven't had the time to work out the nuances of.

That said, I'm always down for people to homebrew and post stuff, so no matter what happens you're welcome to come up with whatever and post it wherever. The forums make a good home for that kind of thing and we have a community that's pretty great for getting feedback. I expect this will only grow more to be the case as the forums wake back up. We have a pretty decent population when we build up a good head of steam.