Sword & Scoundrel v0.2.0

Click here for the latest news
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Sword & Scoundrel v0.2.0

Post by Agamemnon »

As the prophecy foretold, Sword & Scoundrel has risen from its slumber. The current release is the largest and most complete work Grand Heresy has ever put out, just shy of 250 pages. From the player-side, it is complete in core functionality. Basic mechanics, character creation, connections, social conflict, combat, gear, everything you need to actually grab on and start playing.

The accompanying character sheet will be released shortly, along with roll20 support updated in time. The next step is getting the GM section finished and released, but if you have prior GM experience, you can likely manage the rules as listed. This is especially true if you have experience with similar games like Burning Wheel, The Riddle of Steel, or even various Powered by the Apocalypse games.

Grab it while it’s hot.

Forum note: I fully expect some typos and errors to be found, but I figured it's easier to let you lot find them and yell at me than keep picking at it forever.

Forum note 2: I have to run out after posting this. Someone feel free to make the appropriate comment sections under the S&S Beta sub-board
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Re: Sword & Scoundrel v0.2.0

Post by Benedict »

Agamemnon wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 10:36Forum note 2: I have to run out after posting this. Someone feel free to make the appropriate comment sections under the S&S Beta sub-board
Done.

Remain Calm and Keep Posting Feedback.

Book I : Initiation

Book II : Creation

Book III : Avarice

Book IV : Tribulation
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
thorgarth
Journeyman

Post by thorgarth »

Excuse my French... $&CK ME!!

Will delve right into it.

Thanks a lot for all those involved in bringing this to bear. Hail.
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Danke.

Feel free to find any errors/typos/etc. I'll probably let you guys collect my errors for a week or so and then update the PDF.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
thorgarth
Journeyman

Post by thorgarth »

Agamemnon wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 13:34 Danke.

Feel free to find any errors/typos/etc. I'll probably let you guys collect my errors for a week or so and then update the PDF.
In which thread should we identify the errors/typos/ etc?

For instance: Page 14 - Regarding Proficiencies, second point (in Combat Pools) : at the end of the paragraph where we read "(...) then your Combat Pool is based on your proficiency alone.", should read "(...) then you're Combat Pool is based on your Attribute alone.".
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »