Delay this week

Click here for the latest news
taelor
Journeyman

Re: Delay this week

Post by taelor »

The forums have been dead for the past few days. What's the status on the next beta release?
GLENDOWER
I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
HOTSPUR
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

taelor wrote:The forums have been dead for the past few days. What's the status on the next beta release?
Noticed that. Weird how we get huge bursts of posts and then sudden lulls in activity.

I'm actively working on the next beta release now, actually. It's been a hectic week so we've been a bit behind. Upcoming should be the skirmish chapter (which shows you how to actually piece all of the combat stuff within a scene) and Wounds/healing stuff so you know just how badly you'll be affected by the results.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
taelor
Journeyman

Post by taelor »

Sounds good.
GLENDOWER
I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
HOTSPUR
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?
nemedeus
Scholar

Post by nemedeus »

Agamemnon wrote: Noticed that. Weird how we get huge bursts of posts and then sudden lulls in activity.
I always get super self-conscious when that happens, because often it seems like i'm the last who posts before the silence, and then i feel like i said something horribly wrong...
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Yes, that happens time to time. I suppose this is because people are not yet able to play the game things slow down. Personally I have been busy, too busy to post anything.

Nemedeus, this has happened to me, too :) I suppose it happens to members who are most active at that time, nothing personal ;)

Agamemnon, good to hear that progress is being made!
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

I copied my King for a Day pdf to my iPad and started reading it again, imagining how I would play it with Bastards ruleset one day :D
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

I get the opposite reaction. When it's quite, I feel like everyone is waiting for me to come back. Particularly in the Venice Play by Post threads... I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been really busy!
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Agamemnon wrote:Noticed that. Weird how we get huge bursts of posts and then sudden lulls in activity.
I was a bit like "oh, Authors are very busy, so it's good and fortunate that nobody is writing and they don't have to deal with us on the forums! let's give them a time to breathe". And than I started watching Champions League in my free time, talking about football and so...Just a little break from Bastards to gain momentum ;)
nemedeus wrote:I always get super self-conscious when that happens, because often it seems like i'm the last who posts before the silence, and then i feel like i said something horribly wrong...
Yeah, this has probably happened to many of us :D
Not only here, just in general.
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

Sorry for the silence guys. I've not been able to reach Agamemnon for almost a full week. Not even by phone. I'm just as much as in dark as you are.
"You can never have too many knives."
- Logen Ninefingers, The Blade Itself
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

higgins wrote:I've not been able to reach Agamemnon for almost a full week. Not even by phone.
I hope everything's fine. I guess we can only wait and pray for him (just in case he might need this).
Good night, Bastards!
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

Agamemnon's dad is stable for the moment. I don't have an ETA when we can resume our work.
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Good to hear that things are looking better for Agamemnon's family.

A short post about the situation is enough, I am sure Agamemnon will get back to 'Bastards when things are OK with the family.
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

That's positive, yes.

And to have something else positive, here's my new arm harness all mounted up. Still experimenting with the rerebrace position, but haven't had a single bruise since the upgrade.

It was windy and I'm putting on my Skjoldehamn hood during a break.

Also, notice how the leather on shoulder is of different color. Had to modify the points for my new spaulders. That's how the whole coat of plates USED to look.
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

All the best for Agamemnon and his family :!: Let's pray to Aesculapius in unison.

Cool stuff higgins, looks quite authentic to me ;)
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Yeah, looks cool! Your thigh armor seems to have taken bit of a beating :)