Light Update:

Click here for the latest news
hector
Dogged Bastard

Re: Light Update:

Post by hector »

That's fine. Thursday gives them an answer they can use, and so long as they release on a Thursday, they've met the given release date ;).
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Giants DO in fact have a "don't get stomped" mechanic, which ties in seamlessly with normal combat. That may be worth discussing as a blog entry in itself.

I have no idea what you would like to know about pixies.

We do have some combat write-ups laying around, so that is a thing we can do for you guys to chew on.

We also have some notes on the city-setting, but we're thinking it may not make it to the release of the initial beta. It will definitely be in the book at publish, and may wind up being leaked on these forums sometime before that point, but our focus right now is getting the rules in your hands so you can play along. We figured you guys would rather get the beta all that much sooner!
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

These things got to my mind as I didn't know what is done. But you are correct that I rather see the beta rules :)

Another teaser might be an example character or two.
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

I'd be interested in giants and group combats. But even more in the Beta document itself ;)
hector
Dogged Bastard

Post by hector »

So, living up to my title, how goes the beta? I don't mean to be impatient, but I really want to play this game already ;).

Incidentally, how would you feel about me making a character generator or combat sim similar to those of The Riddle of Steel? I get the feeling that some of the changes (especially as regards weapon and possibly armour stats), so that would be an interesting thing to work on as a personal project.
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

I posted an "official" update of sorts on the news feed, also mirrored here.

And I would be totally fine with someone generating programs and things based on our work, once things are set up. We've been talking about creating a whole mess of "accessories" and play aids from the beginning. Nothing ever required, mind you, but I love play-aids.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

Yeah, sorry for the silence here. I was aware of the issues Agamemnon has been going through, but wasn't really comfortable in posting "update" based on my friend's personal life.
"You can never have too many knives."
- Logen Ninefingers, The Blade Itself
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Yeah, that would have been weird. Again, it's my fault, my issue. The worst has basically passed though, so I'm going to try to catch up on everything. Hopefully have some more meaningful content floating out here soon.

hector
Dogged Bastard

Post by hector »

I already answered regarding Agamemnon's situation in the other update thread, so for this thread I'll simply say thanks for saying yes.