Almost Thursday

Click here for the latest news
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Re: Almost Thursday

Post by EinBein »

Brilliant! But there are only two Thursdays left !!!
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

EinBein wrote:Brilliant! But there are only two Thursdays left !!!
:D
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
dysjunct
Journeyman

Post by dysjunct »

What day is it? Anyone know?
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

A bunch of stuff is in the editing process. Next Thursday is officially Thursday™ and should have a ton of new material, along with some minor tweaks.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

:D
Agamemnon wrote:A bunch of stuff is in the editing process. Next Thursday is officially Thursday™ and should have a ton of new material, along with some minor tweaks.
:!: :!: :!:
nemedeus
Scholar

Post by nemedeus »

EinBein wrote::D
Agamemnon wrote:A bunch of stuff is in the editing process. Next Thursday is officially Thursday™ and should have a ton of new material, along with some minor tweaks.
GET HYPE!
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
dysjunct
Journeyman

Post by dysjunct »

nemedeus wrote:
EinBein wrote::D
GET HYPE!
ONE MORE DAY!
higgins
Heresiarch

Post by higgins »

Proofing going on as I type this ;)
"You can never have too many knives."
- Logen Ninefingers, The Blade Itself
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Fair warning. There's a nontrivial chance that Thursday™ may be Friday™ in this instance. I just remembered I have a bunch of medical stuff tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Agamemnon wrote:Fair warning. There's a nontrivial chance that Thursday™ may be Friday™ in this instance. I just remembered I have a bunch of medical stuff tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Duly noted ;)
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Besides, it's always Thursday somewhere.

This update could be published by Alpha Centauri standards for all we know. :lol:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
nemedeus
Scholar

Post by nemedeus »

Benedict wrote:Besides, it's always Thursday somewhere.

This update could be published by Alpha Centauri standards for all we know. :lol:
don't jinx it!
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

nemedeus wrote:don't jinx it!
Nah, it will be here soon™. :)

Until it comes.

youtu.be/Tna0Mmu1XlI

♪♫ The sky will fall, the earth will pray,
When judgment comes to claim its day.
♫♪
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
FortPwnall
Novice

Post by FortPwnall »

Beneath the brush, he lies. His neck stiff. His arms tingling and numb from discomfort. Still, he resists movement a few more moments. Shards of bright sunlight pierce through the leaves above, dancing in the light breeze upon the dirt below. He glances for the hundredth time at the spot. Branches blur before his eyes as the dappled forest floor fades again into focus. His trap, hidden as he is beneath a pile of leaves, placed as carefully as possible to offer the impression they were strewn without any care at all. The wind picks up, rustling the treetops and rattling the branches high above. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he shifts his position, almost imperceptibly, but enough to bring a few short minutes of blessed relief.

He recalled the words whispered to him by the Red Killer, a fellow hunter more experienced than himself. "Shhhhhhh." he'd been chastised "You'll scare it off. It be a timid little beast."

On previous days it had evaded him, leaving behind naught but tracks and droppings. Once, he was certain he had glanced it from the corner of his eye. But yet, to no avail. This time, however, he was sure. It would not be long before it would pass ahead of him, unable to resist the temptation laid upon the trap. And that will be the point it is sprung.

Soon, soon, it would be his...
KillerRed
Novice

Post by KillerRed »

FortPwnall wrote:Beneath the brush, he lies. His neck stiff. His arms tingling and numb from discomfort. Still, he resists movement a few more moments. Shards of bright sunlight pierce through the leaves above, dancing in the light breeze upon the dirt below. He glances for the hundredth time at the spot. Branches blur before his eyes as the dappled forest floor fades again into focus. His trap, hidden as he is beneath a pile of leaves, placed as carefully as possible to offer the impression they were strewn without any care at all. The wind picks up, rustling the treetops and rattling the branches high above. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he shifts his position, almost imperceptibly, but enough to bring a few short minutes of blessed relief.

He recalled the words whispered to him by the Red Killer, a fellow hunter more experienced than himself. "Shhhhhhh." he'd been chastised "You'll scare it off. It be a timid little beast."

On previous days it had evaded him, leaving behind naught but tracks and droppings. Once, he was certain he had glanced it from the corner of his eye. But yet, to no avail. This time, however, he was sure. It would not be long before it would pass ahead of him, unable to resist the temptation laid upon the trap. And that will be the point it is sprung.

Soon, soon, it would be his...
LOL You crazy bastard(said with much admiration)

Why does that scene make me think of turkey hunting in West Virginia?
"It has fallen upon me, now and again in my sojourn through the world, to ease various evil men of their lives."-Solomon Kane