The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

EinBein
Sworn Brother

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by EinBein »

Me too! Didn't want to interfere in the limelight of Giorgio, Gasparo and to some extend Ferran.
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

Hey, I responded. We're all good to go now :)
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

I'm available to post now. I assume things are still happening in the hall?

After that concludes, do you guys want more conversations or activities eg:
  • Marco explaining the deal to Ferran/Giorgio
  • Gasparo reporting to Giovanni
  • Seeing life around Mirandola
  • Any other plans or suggestions from you guys?
I have a few ideas for random little interludes if you would like, or just jump ahead a few days to the exciting stuff?
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

No spcific suggestions from me regarding Marco, the next thing for him should be to go back to Venice and do his job. Just one thing I would like to see, I wont go into specifics but just say it does require a skirmish or other opportunity for Marco to shoot/sling someone ;) so I hope there will be one in a foreseeable future. Otherwise, Marco will stick close to Ferran to cover his sucidal ass.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

thirtythr33 wrote:I assume things are still happening in the hall?
So do I. Ferran's hand still hangs in midair after all. ;)
thirtythr33 wrote:I have a few ideas for random little interludes if you would like, or just jump ahead a few days to the exciting stuff?
Whatever suits everyone best. I believe that Marco will explain the deal to Giorgio and Ferran. If you guys want we can play it out. Otherwise we could get it done in background/OCC. I'm cool either way.

Ferran probably won't be getting out of the manor much. He has to rest and he also has another motive. That is if the whole thing doesn't derail the story from what matters.

Giovvani has a huge collection of books. The Catalan might find something interesting in there. If he is allowed access to the library that is. Or he might try to milk some info out of Gasparo, or even Giovanni himself. Don't forget these interesting facts:
  • He is Curious. I mean it. Probably this "minor" flaw will be his downfall.
  • He got that new SA about opposing God's tyrrany. He was a devout Catholic until now. His world of belief has crumbled around him. He needs answers to what is happening to him. And knowledge for the coming storm.
  • He really needs to know more about Ala. And he feels that Giovanni knows more than he says.
Apart from this specific request concerning Ferran in particular, I trust that thirtythr33 will make it very interesting and engaging very soon™ for all of us. Just do your worst mate. :twisted:

We can take it. :D
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Gregor'll just do his duties, while carefully trying to make friends. He will not take sides in the Gasparo vs Giorgio standoff.

Maybe we shouldn't so much rely on scenes where DannyBoy is absolutely required to write something. Seems he's still quite busy in RL. There will be some opportunities for him to act, even when the next scene is not about his conflict...
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Korbel wrote:require a skirmish or other opportunity for Marco to shoot/sling someone
I'll see what I can do.
Benedict wrote:I believe that Marco will explain the deal to Giorgio and Ferran.
We don't need to play out his recounting the deal, but Macro putting the Medici back in charge of Florence instead of supporting their uprising to become a Republic could well conflict with Ferran's new SA. Especially considering that the current Pope is a Medici. Plus Giorgio probably doesn't like the idea of dealing with Giovanni.
Benedict wrote:If Ferran is allowed access to the library.
He is. But the other stuff would need to be played out. I'll give you some info OOC that he finds in the library but, if you got only 1 other scene what would it be?
Benedict wrote:thirtythr33 will make it very interesting and engaging very soon™ for all of us. Just do your worst mate. We can take it.
Oh boy you have no idea. I've been cooking this for over a year. You guys are going to freak the fuck out.
EinBein wrote:Gregor'll just do his duties, while carefully trying to make friends.
Cool, I'll come up with something.
EinBein wrote:Maybe we shouldn't so much rely on scenes where DannyBoy is absolutely required to write something.
After great hall scene, there's going to be a few threads with only 1 or 2 of you in each scene. I should be able to get all your separate threads done in short order to get to the good stuff. If you don't mind breaking continuity a bit, I could get them rolling pretty soon...
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Responded. Apologies, I've been distracted with other matters. :twisted:
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

thirtythr33 wrote:If you don't mind breaking continuity a bit, I could get them rolling pretty soon...
Who cares for conti... continü... contiti... just go on!!!
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

EinBein wrote:
thirtythr33 wrote:If you don't mind breaking continuity a bit, I could get them rolling pretty soon...
Who cares for conti... continü... contiti... just go on!!!
Now that we've had and moved on from the (admittedly minor) confrontation about the alleged acts of sorcery, I'm pretty sure it's just going to be small-talk from here on out anyway, unless Giorgio wants to make a big deal to Ferran about his new lease on life or someone wants to pick a fight over breakfast. I'm good to move forward whenever.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

I'm gonna do a post between Giorgio and Ferran sometime tomorrow, if we can hold on until then.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Posted in Grand Hall. If Danny has the time this thread could go on a bit.
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Whew, that's a big post. I'm kind of assuming that Gasparo and Ferran have been researching together and that the information found there was shared. If that's not the case, let me know. I'm kind of assuming the pair will have a discussion but w/e works.

I'll put up another thread for Marco and Gregor tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

thirtythr33 wrote:Whew, that's a big post. I'm kind of assuming that Gasparo and Ferran have been researching together and that the information found there was shared. If that's not the case, let me know. I'm kind of assuming the pair will have a discussion but w/e works.
I really like the way you presented this. Unless Agamemnon has something else in mind, I say that's the way it played so far. I guess that Ferran understands that Gasparo is a very private man. I believe that Ferran knows by now that his name is Gasparo Gritti. If he does know that, that really excites his Curiosity. Meaning a post where Ferran sticks his nose in. :lol:

Just let me know if its appropriate.
thirtythr33 wrote:Thanks for being patient.
Thanks for doing what you do. :)
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Thanks for the kind words, it's what keeps me motivated.
Benedict wrote:I believe that Ferran knows by now that his name is Gasparo Gritti. If he does know that, that really excites his Curiosity. Meaning a post where Ferran sticks his nose in.
Ferran definitely doesn't know. Gasparo's heritage will only come directly from Agamemnon. Ferran may have heard that he is bastard, though.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet