The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

EinBein
Sworn Brother

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by EinBein »

Do I have to spend an SA in order to introduce an element like Giorgio and Gregor having met in Pavia? If so, I'd like to do that.
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Benedict wrote:If that's not Temper, what is? Skewering each other to death? :lol:
That was fine... but why not having more of this?
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Maybe because there would be dead player characters soon?
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

EinBein wrote:Do I have to spend an SA in order to introduce an element like Giorgio and Gregor having met in Pavia? If so, I'd like to do that.
If you and DannyBoy just want to work out a shared backstory for introductions you don't have to spend an SA.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Let's see if he wants. I've just dropped the bait ;)
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

EinBein wrote:Maybe because there would be dead player characters soon?
1. I said he should question him about the disagreement / leaving the company (possibly leading to revealing some info you wouldn't like to reveal in the heat of the discussion, or finding out Giorgio and Gregor share some connections in Landskenchts, etc) - not draw the sword and open his belly.
2. There's Marco around and he's against killing - he would try to stop the fighting if there was any.
3. And even if there would be casualties, conveniently there's an experienced and successful necromancer around the corner, no worries guys.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Korbel wrote:3. And even if there would be casualties, conveniently there's an experienced and successful necromancer around the corner, no worries guys.
Alleged necromancer. ;)
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Suggestions for next scene, after these two close up?

A conversation between Giovanni and Marco seems important. What about everyone else?
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Agreed, that is paramount.

Also, if everyone else wants to, a meeting between the four underdogs (Giorgio, Ferran, Georg, and Gasparo) would be interesting.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

Korbel wrote: 1. I said he should question him about the disagreement / leaving the company (possibly leading to revealing some info you wouldn't like to reveal in the heat of the discussion, or finding out Giorgio and Gregor share some connections in Landskenchts, etc) - not draw the sword and open his belly.
Sorry Korbel, but I don't see how any of that would really tie in to Giorgio's Temper flaw. Like I said, Giorgio doesn't really care about the fact that Gregor deserted, and he wouldn't really get angry about that. Also, while Giorgio is an angry dude he is also ,RAW, Stephen Hawking level smart. He's been an aggressive asshole the entire time he's been here and that hasn't gotten him anywhere, so he's going to try and play nice. He's also emotionally and mentally exhausted given that someone he had a good level of respect for has, in the last 24 hours, died horrifically and been resurrected through the shady magic of what appears to be a 16 year old. Teenagers + magic never ends well.

Also, I'm kind of tired of RPing angry at the moment.
EinBein wrote:Let's see if he wants. I've just dropped the bait ;)
While part of me really wants to go along with you, one of Giorgio's SAs is "Keep my past a secret". I don't really know what to do here :? . I'meaning towards you spending an SA to introduce that element so you can take me by "surprise".
Benedict wrote:Also, if everyone else wants to, a meeting between the four underdogs (Giorgio, Ferran, Georg, and Gasparo) would be interesting.
Yes, that sounds like a plan.
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

DannyBoy wrote:Sorry Korbel, but I don't see how any of that would really tie in to Giorgio's Temper flaw.
Temper is (among other things) "frequently leading to rash decisions or looking foolish". So it doesn't necessarily mean aggression and I didn't advocate it either.. As I've said, Giorgio could accidentally blab about his past (which he wants to keep secret, right?) when questioning Gregor. And maybe discover something about Gregor's past.
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

Korbel wrote:Temper is (among other things) "frequently leading to rash decisions or looking foolish". So it doesn't necessarily mean aggression and I didn't advocate it either.
The thing is, I'm playing Giorgio's Temper flaw as being part and parcel with his Bloodlust flaw. His temper is his extreme tendency to get angry and immediately react with violence or the threat of violence, not to slip up and divulge details about his past.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

DannyBoy wrote:He's also emotionally and mentally exhausted given that someone he had a good level of respect for has, in the last 24 hours, died horrifically and been resurrected through the shady magic of what appears to be a 16 year old. Teenagers + magic never ends well.
Just a heads up.
thirtythr33 wrote:Not five minutes pass before the guard returns, followed by a man in his early thirties with shoulder length hair.
So Giovanni is older than 22-year-old Ferran. ;)
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Yeah, perhaps the picture I chose for Giovanni wasn't the best one. Here are some where he looks more in his 30s:
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Post by EinBein »

Benedict wrote:Also, if everyone else wants to, a meeting between the four underdogs (Giorgio, Ferran, Georg, and Gasparo) would be interesting.
I'm in!