The Floating City, looking for players

Talk about other games and anything off-topic
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Re: The Floating City, looking for players

Post by EinBein »

DannyBoy wrote:Umm, so hey. I was skimming the Floating City play by post game and saw that Giorgio is somehow still alive. :D

Would it be ok if I were to jump back in after reading everything? I would really like to angrily swing my sword at things :)
That will be fun. The newly entered Gregor wears - by accident - the same name as Giorgio (just in its German version) and a two handed blade as well... let's see how they come along ;)
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

DannyBoy wrote:Umm, so hey. I was skimming the Floating City play by post game and saw that Giorgio is somehow still alive.
Just barely! Last combat he got a level 3 wound from a crossbow bolt to the belly.
DannyBoy wrote:Would it be ok if I were to jump back in after reading everything? I would really like to angrily swing my sword at things
Sure thing, but I can't promise another combat will happen soon. You just missed out on a full sized skirmish. With only a little retcon it should be fine (Giorgio came along with Marco and Ferran instead of heading back to Venice).
EinBein wrote:The newly entered Gregor wears - by accident - the same name as Giorgio (just in its German version) and a two handed blade as well...
Giocomo, Giorgio, Gasparo, Gregor, Giovanni, Georg, Gatti, Gritti, Gonzago ... ugh, when will it end?
I haven't even introduced Giuliano, Giulio, Gianfrancesco and Galeotto yet! :lol:
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

EinBein wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:Umm, so hey. I was skimming the Floating City play by post game and saw that Giorgio is somehow still alive. :D

Would it be ok if I were to jump back in after reading everything? I would really like to angrily swing my sword at things :)
That will be fun. The newly entered Gregor wears - by accident - the same name as Giorgio (just in its German version) and a two handed blade as well... let's see how they come along ;)
Seems these men share more things in common than name and weapon of choice. Some interesting facts:
  • Both served under the Landschnekts
  • Both want to escape their past
  • Both have similar MOs when it comes to murder
    Giorgio d'Agnolo wrote:His regiment found him afterward, covered in blood and surrounded by corpses, his hands wrapped around a dead man’s neck.
    Gregor Haaner wrote:In a heated debate, Gottfried slapped Gregor, who answered with choking Gottfried to death.
I'm sure thirtythr33 is plotting with glee. :twisted:
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

I hardly need to! How do you escape your past when you are stuck hanging out with a man that reminds you of it every day?

hint: big swords.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

That's getting out of control guys. Weirder and weirder shit. Not gonna be very surprised when we find out Giorgio is Georg's bastard... or vice versa, who knows. One step further and we're not playing Band of Bastards (nor Sword and Scoundrel) anymore, but... Bold and Beautiful.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Korbel wrote:That's getting out of control guys. Weirder and weirder shit. Not gonna be very surprised when we find out Giorgio is Georg's bastard... or vice versa, who knows. One step further and we're not playing Band of Bastards (nor Sword and Scoundrel) anymore, but... Bold and Beautiful.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

Benedict wrote:
PS Hope you approve on how I handled Giorgio.
Goven how impossibly badass you acquitted him in that last fight? You have my stamp of approval :twisted:

And we are both each other's bastards Korbel, due to whatever quantum time paradox wierdness that's currently happening in the peninsula :lol: