Youtube Hall of Shame

Talk about other games and anything off-topic
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Youtube Hall of Shame

Post by Agamemnon »

We have a thread for youtube videos that we think are cool. I saw something today that makes me think we need one for youtube videos that are irredeemably awful.

I have never seen a video make so many claims and every single one of them be demonstrably false. You'd think one or two claims would be true just by statistical chance.

youtu.be/gwoGVWgK8v8
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
nemedeus
Scholar

Re: Youtube Hall of Shame

Post by nemedeus »

I heard of that. I saw Metatron's debunk.

I heard Shad also did one. Unfortunately, i cannot bear to watch Shad anymore. It's one thing to be a mormon, it's another thing to claim to be BOTH a rationalist AND in possession of proof of divinity, which Shad did. If he truly is a rationalist, then he is the absolute worst i have ever seen. I just can't take him seriously anymore. There's my own youtube hall of shame.
"First Rule of War Club: Don't fight in the War Room" - Clint Eastwood, 1920
hector
Dogged Bastard

Post by hector »

taelor
Journeyman

Post by taelor »

nemedeus wrote:I heard of that. I saw Metatron's debunk.

I heard Shad also did one. Unfortunately, i cannot bear to watch Shad anymore. It's one thing to be a mormon, it's another thing to claim to be BOTH a rationalist AND in possession of proof of divinity, which Shad did. If he truly is a rationalist, then he is the absolute worst i have ever seen. I just can't take him seriously anymore. There's my own youtube hall of shame.
I've never made it more than a few minutes into one of his videos. I find the constant jump cutting to be extremely annoying.
GLENDOWER
I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
HOTSPUR
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come when you do call for them?
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Agamemnon wrote:We have a thread for youtube videos that we think are cool. I saw something today that makes me think we need one for youtube videos that are irredeemably awful.

I have never seen a video make so many claims and every single one of them be demonstrably false. You'd think one or two claims would be true just by statistical chance.
I think one of the major problems here is hidden in the information box and in the final 10 seconds of the video. "Special thanks to Ubisoft for sponsoring this video!"

The fact this wasn't one of the channels passion projects and rather a sponsored promotion of the game For Honor probably meant they had more restrictive deadline, were not genuinely interested in researching the subject matter and were making a video on a subject well outside their usual specialty.

My nomination is literally anything done by Deadliest Warrior. Eg
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x50mv ... -maori_fun
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

Rather amusingly, someone from each of the For Honor camps has no stepped forward to call bullshit.

Originally, Shiadiversity chiefly defending the knights.

youtu.be/18c3S7JiRNA

Then The Metatron, coming in clarify the samurai.

youtu.be/oTw_i9dBEmM

Then finally, Skallagrim chimes in to finally complain about the poor vikings, who got the most ridiculous treatment in the original video.

youtu.be/o_pCM6gFXXE
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan