The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

Korbel
Standard Bearer

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by Korbel »

Marco is planning to say something to Rocco, probably will wait after Ferran's goading/intimidation thing. Anyway, don't make the time pass, it is quite urgent.
Alex
Journeyman

Post by Alex »

I just don't understand why we have to be in a hurry.

He is not going to burn the place down because we have three of his men.

If he waits too long, it's going to be daylight. We officially rented this place and he does not belong there. Most of these men are armed and armoured, so if the city watch (or the equivalent) comes by, he does not look too good for Rocco.

By the way, if the prisoners don't behave,we will have to break sone kneecaps...
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Alex wrote:I just don't understand why we have to be in a hurry.
I hope we won't find out the hard way. Looks like we 're in good position, but who knows what Rocco might do.

Benedict, are you rolling this Manipulation or Oration?
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Benedict wrote:OCC Ferran wants to goad him and embarrass him in-front of his men. What do I roll?
I have also been waiting for this so I know how Rocco will react.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Will post asap. Just too busy with RL these days, working around 14hrs straight. :D
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Ok, I've got it. :D

Instead of double posting I edited my last post from that 2-line to what Ferran actually says.

I want to Manipulate Rocco into believing he is made a fool infront of his men and face me in a challenge. I'm not talking about a formalized duel with seconds etc, instead I'm talking about direct challenge of his ability to lead and hoping to get to a knife fight with him. To my knowledge most criminal circles of southern Europe settled disputes and claims of leadership with knife fights.

About dice rolling: Obviously Manipulate skill. I was hoping to use Cunning (quick thinking, mental resourcefulness, awareness, intuition, and speed of thought) instead of Social (charisma, bearing, personal appeal and social intelligence) here. Read the post and let me know if its appropriate.
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Benedict wrote:I want to Manipulate Rocco into believing he is made a fool infront of his men and face me in a challenge. I'm not talking about a formalized duel with seconds etc, instead I'm talking about direct challenge of his ability to lead and hoping to get to a knife fight with him. To my knowledge most criminal circles of southern Europe settled disputes and claims of leadership with knife fights.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would really like to see a source for that if you happen to know any. It sounds really interesting and I the only thing I can think of along that vein is Count of Monte Cristo.
Benedict wrote:I was hoping to use Cunning (quick thinking, mental resourcefulness, awareness, intuition, and speed of thought) instead of Social (charisma, bearing, personal appeal and social intelligence) here. Read the post and let me know if its appropriate.
Sorry, it has to be Social. CUN is just used for too many other things that I wouldn't feel right letting it trample over Social which is clearly for talking. Challenging a gang leader to a duel does fire "Make a name for yourself", add those to your pool and add 1 SA to your sheet.

Like I said earlier, Rocco thinks he has the upper hand (for reasons you guys don't know) so I was inclined to say he wasn't going to be convinced to blow his plan... but your roleplay there was amazing. Instead, just roll with disadvantage and we will let the dice decide.

It's going to be opposed by Rocco's Will/Manip of 5:
[dice seed=26214 secure=be7643ce_0]5d10[/dice]
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

thirtythr33 wrote:
Benedict wrote:I want to Manipulate Rocco into believing he is made a fool infront of his men and face me in a challenge. I'm not talking about a formalized duel with seconds etc, instead I'm talking about direct challenge of his ability to lead and hoping to get to a knife fight with him. To my knowledge most criminal circles of southern Europe settled disputes and claims of leadership with knife fights.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would really like to see a source for that if you happen to know any. It sounds really interesting and I the only thing I can think of along that vein is Count of Monte Cristo.
Unfortunately I can't really find online sources apart from a small article in Wiki.

To my knowledge knife-fighting was really popular in southern Italy (they even developed a school for that), Andalusia and surrounding areas, and when the Catalans conquered southern Greece they passed that tradition to Mane and Crete. What I know for a fact is that even today blood-feuds are still resolved with knives in Greece (yup, we still got those).
thirtythr33 wrote:
Benedict wrote:I was hoping to use Cunning (quick thinking, mental resourcefulness, awareness, intuition, and speed of thought) instead of Social (charisma, bearing, personal appeal and social intelligence) here. Read the post and let me know if its appropriate.
Sorry, it has to be Social. CUN is just used for too many other things that I wouldn't feel right letting it trample over Social which is clearly for talking. Challenging a gang leader to a duel does fire "Make a name for yourself", add those to your pool and add 1 SA to your sheet.

Like I said earlier, Rocco thinks he has the upper hand (for reasons you guys don't know) so I was inclined to say he wasn't going to be convinced to blow his plan... but your roleplay there was amazing. Instead, just roll with disadvantage and we will let the dice decide.

It's going to be opposed by Rocco's Will/Manip of 5:
[dice seed=26214 secure=be7643ce_0]5d10[/dice]
No worries. :D

So, its So3 + Man2 + "Make a Name" 4, total 9 dice at TN7, correct? If I can't assign that newly gained SA point to "Make a Name" disregard the last die indicated by the die roller. :)

[dice seed=65026 secure=7625f94b_1]9d10[/dice]
Explosions
[dice seed=62376 secure=1dca5693_2]3d10[/dice]
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

You got it! Let me write up a response.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Wait, you do actually want to duel him right? Or were you just trying to make him look like a moron?
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

I'll gut him like a fish. :twisted:
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

It really is going to be a horrific blood bath. Can confirm.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Well, I hope to die standing. :lol:

Or gut him. :twisted:
― Touchstone
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

thirtythr33 wrote:It really is going to be a horrific blood bath. Can confirm.
:twisted:
Oh, if you're going to do this on roll20, let me know. I'd like to be a spectator :D
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

I've already logged in Roll20. We will do it now?
― Touchstone