The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Re: The Floating City [OOC] [TWO]

Post by thirtythr33 »

Hi guys,

Sorry I have been under a rock for the last... few weeks. Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't given up on this game, things have just been tough for me lately. I hope the loss in momentum doesn't hurt this game too much.

I wanted to get some things sorted before the warehouse ambush (just some conversations and Cirillo's mentor arriving), but since I have been absent a while I think we should just skip over it and head straight to the warehouse scene to get some momentum going again. Those can be slotted in later.

So is everyone going to be staking out at the warehouse? Marco, Cirillo, Ferran, Karl, Giorgio, and do you want to bring additional guards? Do you guys want try to convince Blasio to join you, or have him stay with Francesca and Claudio at the estate?
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Don't worry about momentum and all, I just hope everything is ok. :)

If you want to have other things done first (Cirillo's mentor, other conversation) it's fine by me.

As for Ferran, he is going to see over details like trapping the ground floor with caltrops, tripwires, lard on staircases, and make sure a small boat is ready to be used as a fast getaway.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Hi 33! :)
thirtythr33 wrote:So is everyone going to be staking out at the warehouse? Marco, Cirillo, Ferran, Karl, Giorgio, and do you want to bring additional guards? Do you guys want try to convince Blasio to join you, or have him stay with Francesca and Claudio at the estate?
I believe it's best when there are no NPCs on our side.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

I want to jump ahead ~12hrs or so to after the warehouse is all setup. We will also assume Ferran informed the others of his run in with Gatti, finishes spreading rumors about the location of the warehouse and that everyone knows about the outcome of the duel between Marco and Blasio. I'll just say Cirillo's mentor got stuck in traffic and is going to be a day late and you can all talk to Giocomo and Francesca after the Rocco confrontation.

This warehouse scene is absolutely perfect timing for us to use the new Skirmish rules. I'll be writing up for the warehouse thread in the next hour.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Are you going to use ranged weapons in this scene?..
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Maybe? :lol: :twisted:
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

I'd love to use my sling finally. I've already included one in my character's topic. Didn't expect them to be this pricy (6sk? that's like a sword!), so I can only afford one for now - I'll pick the short version. Probably more suitable in the city.
Marco will wear his gambeson, padded coif and something to cover his face (ninja style). And I'll take a dagger with me. 10 lead bullets for the sling. Maybe some food :) PS. oh, and my hard leather boots.
Last edited by Korbel on 19 Oct 2016, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

I'm 98% ready for the warehouse scene. Ferran will be fully armed/armored ofc. Only two questions.

Stats for cinquedea? Treat it like a short sword or a dagger? And which proficiency applies to it? (that's actually three questions by itself :lol: )

How will caltrops be played?
― Touchstone
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Benedict wrote:Stats for cinquedea? Treat it like a short sword or a dagger? And which proficiency applies to it? (that's actually three questions by itself :lol: )
I suppose it's just like a regular dagger, 0c, 0p, close...
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Cinquedea can be very varied. Your choice of Short Sword or Baselard/Quillion. Can use either Sword & Buckler or Dagger proficiency. Once you pick what it is it stays like that, you can't change it around as needed.

Caltrops will be modeled as a Ob2 Environmental Hazard, using the Positioning rules. Failing the roll will result in one of: getting disadvantage, falling prone, taking a L1 or 2 wound to foot. If they are standing in the caltrops and you aren't you can choose whether to oppose them or let them just roll against the hazard.

I think we already established the Acerbis have a few old helmets and crossbows lying around if you want to use them. I'm kind of assuming everyone has some kind of buff coat, doublet or gambeson that gives AV2.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Cirillo will take a crossbow and some bolts and one of those old helmets. Otherwise he kits up with all his gear.

He takes some water and food, unless those are already taken care of. He also insists that there will be some pots or something other so people won't urinate etc. around.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

I'd prefer treating that cinquedea like a dagger, zero Sword & Buckler here. :)

To summarize:

WEAPONS
Quillion dagger: +0c, +0p, Close
Cinquedea: +0c, +0p, Close
Folding knife: +1c, -1p, Hand
Cutlass with basket hilt: +1c, +0p, Short, Draw Cut, Basket Hilt

ARMOR
Leather Doublet: AV2 Full torso
Thick Gloves: AV2 Hands, Wrists
Thick Boots: AV2 Feet, Shins
Plus old Iron Helm (?)

Now some questions
1. That Iron Helmet. It's ok to assume it's AV3 Metal+Rigid Crown?
2. Can we assume that Ferran spends 9sk out of his remaining 22sk to get a Long Gambeson (AV2 Torso to the knees, Hands to the wrist) and a Padded Coif (AV2 Crown, Neck)?
3. How will those irritants (pepper, etc) play?
4. Those marbles. It's safe to assume they will be treated almost like caltrops (disadvantage or fall prone) but no wounds? Or something else?
― Touchstone
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

1. Helmet is Munitions Plate AV4, as Open Helm in dueling Kit
2. Spending your money any way you like is fine
3. Throwing irritants will be Positioning For Effect, with Advantage or a few bonus dice.
4. All the ground/foot based traps (caltrops, grease, marbles) will be Environmental Hazards with effects that make sense for the trap (damage for caltrops, prone for marbles etc)

Throwing barrels or dropping large objects on people will be either Improvised Thrown Weapons or Environmental Hazards, depending on the situation.

Crossbow Stats are:
DR 5p
Range Short/Medium
Reload 2 rounds

Final call on how many NPCs will be joining you? Alex wanted a lot and Korbel wanted none.
(My plan for NPCs was to have them using Simple Combat against eachother so it didn't get bogged down in me rolling dice against myself, if that was the worry Korbel.)
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

thirtythr33 wrote:(My plan for NPCs was to have them using Simple Combat against eachother so it didn't get bogged down in me rolling dice against myself, if that was the worry Korbel.)
It was. Yes you can use Simple Combat when they clash, but what about Skirmish? You will have to simulate opposing forces and make decisions actually knowing what the other side is up to.
Other than that, I just prefer us taking care of this by ourselves. 4 or 5 characters feels about right. But I won't insist.
Alex
Journeyman

Post by Alex »

Hi 33 :) If you need more time off, just let us know. The thread can wait.

Karl will be against bringing Blasio. Does not trust him completely.
I'm ok with no NPC since other PCs are involved. At one point, I was worried there was only going to be Karl and Ferran...

Let's do some fighting :)