[Act 1] [Scene 9] [Testimony]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

Korbel
Standard Bearer

Re: The Floating City [Scene 9] [Testimony]

Post by Korbel »

"Fuck you and fuck your sleepless nights, brother!" it is probably the first time Marco swears "for the whole time you knew it was Blasio who attacked Francesca, right? You fucking liar! I'd like to tell you, with the first sunshine I'm going to visit Blasio and challenge him. I'll make him pay for this!"
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giocomo is still groggy from sleep. "Slow down Marco. Knew what about Blasio? What have you found?" He picks up a shirt and begins to pull it on, taking Marco more seriously now.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Marco looks at Giacomo warily and than explains:
"We have spread the rumours that there is a witness willing to testify - a shopkeeper. As predicted, some thugs tried to silence him, but Karl, Giorgio and this Ferran gave them a lesson and brought them here. As it turned out, it was Rocco who sent them, but the one responsible for the rape is Blasio. This mendacious snake!"
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giacomo looks shocked. "You have them here? Take me to them." Giacomo finishes getting dressed and puts on his sword and belt.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"I told Cirillo and the others to lock up them up. Let's go!"
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

When Giacomo is brought into the room with the thugs he lets out an audible sigh of held breath. "Oh Marco you fool. It wasn't Rambaldo who made the claim was it?" He puts his hands on his hips and walks to the man with the beard and injured groin. "He was at the school this morning, remember? He would have heard everything that happened there. He's just telling you what you want to hear; like all men do when you put them under the screws. Who else would he say did it? Rocco, his boss? Or me, who's house he is being held in? For all you know he attacked the girl himself, or hes covering for one of Rocco's other hooligans."
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"Good lesson. But maybe it is you who's now trying to protect your friend Blasio?"
Marco looks at Karl and Cirillo.
"I have a reason to believe this man is saying truth. Why? Because the shopkeeper said that the assailant was a noble with a rapier, long dark coat and a beret. Do Rocco's hooligans dress like this when they're walking the streets? I strongly doubt. Could it be Rocco? Francesca testified that the man attacking her was of medium or thin build - and Rocco is far from being like that. Oh, and she saw a dagger with a Lion of Saint Mark. Blasio has got one, doesn't he? And you don't know what he was doing when he left our home, right? And I have a question for you: have you ever seen a red Zanni mask? Does Blasio like comedy?"
Marco stops to give everyone time to think, and than continues:
"Cirillo once said that Rocco could be connected with a noble family. Now it's easy for me to suspect that this family is Soranzo, or just Blasio himself. Blasio raped Francesca, but didn't want you to know about that, so when we started our investigation, he paid Rocco and his thugs to silence the shopkeeper. And this is why I'm going to challenge him."
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giacomo shakes his head dismissively until you mention the Zanni mask. He looks serious again. "Yes, he does like the comedies actually..." He goes quiet and turns his back to Marco and the others, apparently thinking. He says in a hushed tone "fucking bastard." When Marco mentions his plans to challenge Blasio, Giacomo snaps back around to face Marco. "That would be a grave mistake. Were you to challenge Blasio he would have the right to choose the weapon of the dual, and his skill with a rapier is better than even my own. He would make short work of you."

"Let me talk to him tomorrow, before you doing anything rash. Noone has yet been killed and we may yet be able to keep it that way. I'll try to talk some sense into Blasio and get him to turn himself in. He may refuse a public admittance of guilt, but even a private settlement would leave Francesca with more money than she would make in ten years."
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"Francesca's harm is a one thing. But than this scheming rascal lied to us and tried to play you against me. I will not let him slide."
Marco wonders for a moment.
"What if we do as you suggest, but than he seeks revenge on me or Francesca? No, I think we should settle this in a honorable way. You will be my second. Make sure we fight only to first blood. Or try to convince him to fight unarmed, to make sure nobody dies. You know him well, maybe he'll agree."
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Cirillo answers the thug: "Well, you heard the man. It's not up to me what happens now but take it this way, now you won't be beaten to pulp.".

Cirillo congirms what Marco tells about Rocco's connection to a noble family and adds "I don't know about Blasio's family and whether or not their business could benefit from know a gang that dabs with smuggling or not. I have heard that Rocco's gang does that, too."
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giacomo indicates to the three captives. "You should take these three down to the jail. We can't just keep them prisoner here forever. I'll go to see Blasio in the morning, but for now I truly do need to get some sleep."
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"We will take care of them tomorrow" Marco leaves the room after Giacomo and invites Cirillo, Karl, Giorgio and Ferran for a little talk somewhere else.
"What do we do about Rocco? As we know, he was trying to find out where I live. Karl, do you have another plan? Or maybe you're tired and we should discuss this tomorrow?"
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

After a short discussion everyone is going to rest. Marco stops Ferran for a second to thank him for his help. He gives him his own cinquedea:
"Please, take this! I see you like daggers and cinquedeas are very popular here, in Venice... I think you should own one. Let's say it's your salary, or just a gift from a new friend."

Marco goes to bed, but he can't sleep. Thoughts are running through his head. He's scared of Blasio, but he knows he won't back down. And he fears that Rocco could attack his house. After about an hour he decides to get out of the bed. He goes to the captives and brings them blankets and food. After this he feels a little calmer and falls in sleep eventually.
Alex
Journeyman

Post by Alex »

When Marco is gone, Giorgio suggests that a few bodies floating in a canal would be an effective solution to our prisoner problem.

Karl looks at him with disgust. He is not very surprised not in the least.

"We can't just kill anyone who crosses our path! Leave the prisoners alone. We need them for now, and once we are done with them, we are just going to release them."

Just before Giorgio can add anything:
'"You want to shed more blood?! You and your sick bloodlust! There will be more than enough blood shed once we meet with Rocco."

Unless Giorgio objects, Karl storms out of the room.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Post by Benedict »

Ferran prefers to stay being quiet and listen carefully all this time. He respectfully thanks Marco for his gift.

Before this meeting is ended he says.

"Killing the captives is not a solution, it would only be a disgrace to everyone involved. I just fear that we can't release them to authorities just yet. I have a plan luring Rocco out of the shadows, and for this to work, we need those three away for some time."

"I am a stranger to your fair city. I can approach Rocco directly, or better yet circulate rumors about the captives' location in an abandoned warehouse were we will spring a trap. The bad news is that there will be opposition and our only advantage is the element of surprise. So we must try to create as many advantages as we can before we spring the trap."

(turning to Marco) "Your brother senor should not confront Blasio yet, I fear that this will alert Rocco. "

"(now to Cirillo) "Good doctor, I understand that you've crossed paths with the brute before. Maybe you can find others that would like him out of the way, and even if not acting on their own, could care to aid our cause?"

(Finally turning to Giorgio and Karl) "I saw Rocco at St. Marks, anyone with half a brain understands that he is dangerous. And he has his own private army of ruffians. If we are to succeed and get rid of this villain, we should be tight like the fingers of a clenched fist and patient like a stalking cat."
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone