[Act 1] [Scene 6] [Confrontations]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

[Act 1] [Scene 6] [Confrontations]

Post by thirtythr33 »

Marco is standing in the foyer of the Acerbi Household wondering what to do next when Karl and Giorgio return from their interview. Marco knows that Giacomo and Blasio couldn't be more than a minute away.
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Re: The Floating City [Scene 6]

Post by Korbel »

"Karl! Giorgio! Have you found anything?" Marco asks, looking up at them and hiding the rock he was playing with in the pocket.
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

"We did," Giorgio replies curtly. "The man is noble, or at least wealthy enough to afford a rapier. He wore a red lacquered zanni mask and, I quote, 'one of those stupid berets all the young people wear these days.' " He folds his arms confidently across his chest, "Our list of potential suspects diminishes quickly".
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"How do you know that?"
Alex
Journeyman

TEMP

Post by Alex »

Karl first explains to Marco what happened at the woodcarvers and then asks what happened at the fencing.

Once everyone shares the same information, Karl explains his plan:

"Giacomo and Blasio are coming back soon. We must hurry.

I have thought about the issue long and hard while coming back. We have a few suspects, and maybe Blasio appears the man who fits the best our poor Francesca description. But I am not really convinced he is the man. Even with all the information we shared, our case is weak against any of the suspect.

Yes, we could make Blasio swear, but that would still be indirect evidence.

So here is my plan. We split up. One person always stays with our poor girl. Maybe that could be the doctor's job? He can defend himself and he has a good excuse to stay with Francesca.

Me and at least one or two other man go hide at the shopkepper's place.

Once we are gone, Marco goes boasting to his brother that the case is almost solved. We make sure Blasio hears it all. Marco goes on to tell the following story about the shopkeeper.

We had to rough him up and break down the front door, but we finally made him talk. Although the rapist was wearing a mask, the mask fell off the person face for a second and the shopkeeper says he did recognize the guilty party. He will agree to testify against him very soon.

If everything goes according to plan, Blasio will go to the shopkeeper's place to silence him. Maybe tonight, maybe sooner.

We break the front door lock like in Marco's story, therefore we are sure how he will enter the place. And once he is inside the house, we take care of him. Of course, he might bring some goons with him, but that will just be more sport for us.

By showing up at the shopkeeper's place, he will declare himself the guilty party.

Only one question remaining: what do we do with him?..."
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Before anyone has a chance to respond to Karl's plan, Giacomo and Blasio stride into the foyer. They are red cheeked and walking quickly. They each have a rapier on their belt and are wearing fashionable noble's clothing, including a beret.

When they see Marco they come to a stop, clearly shocked to see him here before them. Giacomo's eyes dart to the stairs and then back to Marco and the mercenaries. He says "What in God's name are you doing?"

Hiding by the door to the foyer, Cirillo and Ferran can hear the conversation but have not yet revealed themselves to anyone.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Cirillo still has a small limp when he slowly approaches behind Giacomo and Blasio. He doesn't speak anything until he is clearly noticed.
Alex
Journeyman

Post by Alex »

Karl eyes the newcomers wearily. He waits for Marco to speak.

And since he carries no weapon at the moment, he will jump on the closest noble at the first sign of trouble.
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"We were talking about the case father told me to take care of. Why you so nervous? First you strike me to the forearm way too strong - it hurts, when I try to throw a rock - now these strange questions... what's wrong with you, brother?"
DannyBoy
Journeyman

Post by DannyBoy »

Giorgio makes a show of cracking his knuckles.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

When Cirillo appears behind them Giacomo and Blasio turn and back towards a door on the side of the foyer, trying to keep everyone on one side of them. "What is wrong with me? First you accost me at the fencing school for no reason and now you have your mercenaries set an ambush for me in my own home."

Blasio remains silent but his hand hovers near his sword hilt.

When the pair make it to the side door they stop there and wait. Giacomo continues "You are beginning to test my patience, Marco. Even though I never touched the girl, I would gladly pay the paltry fine for Francesca's misadventure just to be rid of you bothering me... If only you weren't able to take the false victory to father and use it against me."
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

Marco doesn't really know, if this is all for real, or is his brother making jokes. He looks at the others with a complete disbelief.
"An ambush? You crazy, or what? And why would I use anything against you before our father? What does it all mean?"
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Cirillo moves towards Marco so the situation doesn't feel as much ambush as it feels now but moves his hand to his sword, just in case.

"Excuse me, sir. What ambush you are talking about?", Cirillo asks Giacomo but can't help glancing towards Blasio.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giacomo replies sarcastically "Oh this isn't an ambush then? You weren't hiding in wait for my return? If that is so, then you will not mind if I excuse myself." He reaches for the door and turns the handle.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

If they could, Marco's brows would reach the ceiling.
"Hiding in ambush? What the..." he speaks more to himself, watching his brother leaving.
"Blasio, what is wrong with him? We were just talking about the matter we are working on. Karl and Giorgio have found a witness. They had to break a door or two" Marco smiles "but eventually the shopkeeper agreed to testify."