[Act 1] [Scene 1] [Introduction]

The very first 'Bastards play by post ever

Moderator: thirtythr33

Korbel
Standard Bearer

Re: The Floating City [Scene 1]

Post by Korbel »

Obviously, Marco has nothing against Karl and Giorgio leaving the house to investigate. He is actually happy that they know what to do and just wishes them luck.

"I'll stay in the house, Cirillo, and wait for our guards. Maybe they'll find something."

Marco leaves the room to let Cirillo do his job. At first he is spending his time walking the corridors and looking at the moon. Than he decides to look for other servants or Giacomo and ask if they know anything.
Or maybe to find a comfy chair and rest. Just a little.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Karl wrote:"Know that Eleanora and I would happily have you stay with us for the time being."
Francesca gives a weak smile, breaking her dour mood for the first time. "Thank you Giorgi. I'll come see you in the morning. For now I just want to sleep."
Cirillo wrote:“Are you are certain that the man who attacked you was alone? Did you notice anything particular in the way he spoke like accent, how deep his voice was? Did you see his hands when you saw the dagger you described? Did he have any rings? Were the hands those of a working man or someone that don't do manual labor?"
She shakes her head. "I think it was just the one. I suppose someone else could 'ave been watching but they didn't touch me. I only remember 'im saying that one thing... and that was only a whisper. I don't think 'e 'ad a foreign accent, but more than that I couldn't tell. On 'is hands 'e 'ad black gloves, no rings."
Cirillo wrote:Cirillo will give her laudanum or something else for the pain, wait a bit for the effects to kick in and finally do the stitches.
She sits still while you finish stitching her up. When are you done and packing up your things, she gently pulls on your sleeve to get your attention. "Doctor... Can I." She pauses trying to find the right words. "Can you give me some Tansy Tea... Just in case?" The tea is a poison brewed from the Tansy flower, often prescribed by midwives and used by the common folk to induce abortions or to prevent unwanted pregnancies. If it is not dosed correctly it can result in a deformed birth or cause great illness for the woman.
Marco wrote:Marco decides to look for other servants or Giacomo and ask if they know anything.
Most of the other servants are either still asleep or home for the night. The few that are around give the same story: Francesca came back late, badly beaten, so they helped her into the guest room and awoke Claudio. They do mention Francesca changed into a nightgown since her clothes were soiled, torn and bloody.

You find Giacomo in Claudio's study, apparently working on a stack of papers. He looks up at you with a scowl. "Ha. Come to ask for my help already have you?"
"O happy dagger!
This is thy sheath; there rust, and let me die."

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"And you will not give any, will you brother? You don't care about this poor girl. It was a stupid idea to come here, but I've go nothing to do... I'm waiting for Karl and Giorgio, they are in-ve-sti-ga-ting" Marco syllables with a little trouble. "And we will solve this problem for papa, you can be sure. With or without you".
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Giacomo walks around in front of the table, blocking any view you would have had of the papers he was working on. He folds his arms impatiently. "I have more important matters to attend to. My advice is to leave the girl to handle her own affairs. I told father as much. Francesca is but one drop of water in all the ocean... Do you have any idea how many women will meet a similar fate to hers if Rome falls to Charles? The entirety of the Republic of Venice is at risk and the Acerbi family with it." He scoffs. "But I suppose father is right. One small step at a time for you, ay brother?"
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Post by Korbel »

"For her it's not a small thing!" Marco raises his voice, maybe too much. "And for papa, too. He wants me to take care of this. And if you think you can save Venice, than do it. You don't need me to do this, I suppose?" with these words Marco turns to leave.
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

[OOC: Assuming Cirillo has ingredients for Tansy tea.]

"You do know what you are asking for and what it means if you drink the tea? Don't you?", Cirillo answers with a questioning look on his face. "I do understand why you would want that and I'll give you that if you really want it.", he continues.

If Francesca still wants the tea, Cirillo asks for the servant to bring a cup and some warm water so he can brew the tea. When it's ready Cirillo hands the cup over to Francesca, still keeping his hand on the cup he saids "This is the last time to think it over and what it means.". He tries to soften his words with understanding look on his face and finally gives the cup to her.

[OOC: I again assume the the Tansy tea will make her sick]
Cirillo addresses the servant girl "Will you keep her company as she will be pretty sick quite soon? She should get better later. I'll come and see her tomorrow."

"Bye for now, Francesca. Take care and try to get some sleep. We meet again tomorrow.", with that Cirillo leaves the room.
thirtythr33
Editorial Inquisition

Post by thirtythr33 »

Francesca takes the cup of tea but doesn't drink it right away. When you leave she is still staring into the swirling water, lost in thought.
"O happy dagger!

- Juliet Capulet
Marras
Grizzled Veteran

Post by Marras »

Halfway out the door Cirillo takes the final, thoughtful look at the poor Francesca and softly closes the door behind him. Outside the door he takes a deep breath and starts looking for Marco.