Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback: General

A brand new feedback forum for our massively revised draft!
Korbel
Standard Bearer

Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback: General

Post by Korbel »

I'll allow myself to create another topic for general thoughts.
The document is loading significantly slower then the previous iteration. Well yeees I'm using Chrome to read those pdfs, so that's not optimal, but still. The 014 version worked perfectly even on chrome. Now it's sluggish. On my PC I started using foxit and it's almost OK, now I'm looking for something for my mobile experience.
Maybe that's because this rough paper effect? Or something else. And maybe that's just me. But when you want to check something, looking for specific paragraphs etc and you have to wait 1-3 seconds for the page to load that's a little frustrating , especially when you find it wasn't actually the page you were looking for :D

UPDATE. I tried a few apps, I like Xodo, it works fine. But there's stilla little lag. The pages appear instantly, but oftentimes they are blurred for a second or two, and then it sharpens to normal view. If anyone of you knows a better solution, please share.
EinBein
Sworn Brother

Re: Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback: General

Post by EinBein »

Now, there was poll on Discord about whether the pages should be dirty or plain white, with the dirty mode winning...

There's the downside of bigger filesize and longer loading times on aged hardware though ;)
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

I have a suspicion it's actually an issue with the type of file setup I was using rather than the overall size of the document. If I throw it on my phone, it lags a little. I assume this is the file itself, not the size, because ive used said phone with pdfs 10x the size of this and not gotten that particular bit of lag. So this is something I'll look into.
Sword and Scoundrel: On Role-Playing and Fantasy Obscura

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
Collected Sayings of Muad’Dib, the Princess Irulan
thorgarth
Journeyman

Post by thorgarth »

Agamemnon wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 02:54 I have a suspicion it's actually an issue with the type of file setup I was using rather than the overall size of the document. If I throw it on my phone, it lags a little. I assume this is the file itself, not the size, because ive used said phone with pdfs 10x the size of this and not gotten that particular bit of lag. So this is something I'll look into.
It must be the file... Both my computer and phone are robust and they lag with it, and only with it, which is weird since the file size is rather very small when compared with other .pdf files I'm using at the same time.
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

I seem to have fixed it. One of the texture files I was using wasn't playing nice with the compression and it caused some weird behavior. I took it into photoshop and did some fiddling. The next file should work fine.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what’s incomplete and saying: "Now it’s complete because it’s ended here."
thorgarth
Journeyman

Post by thorgarth »

Agamemnon when can we expect a new version of the Character Sheet to be released into the wild? Really want to make some characters to start testing the system not only in mock tests but also a small adventure.
Agamemnon
Grand Master

Post by Agamemnon »

With the next update, theoretically coming this week. Roll20 support should be out soon.