Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback : Book I : Initiation

A brand new feedback forum for our massively revised draft!
dysjunct
Journeyman

Re: Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback : Book I : Initiation

Post by dysjunct »

Possible solution:

You may not tap attributes at all. But, if you pay a Drama point, you may tap any one attribute you like, as long as you justify it fictionally.
Benedict
Standard Bearer

Re: Sword & Scoundrel 0.2.0 Feedback : Book I : Initiation

Post by Benedict »

Korbel wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 15:28And what Req would it be to open this lock 🔒 without caring for noise?
R4. For the record. He rolled 3 hits on these 8d vs R6. MoF3. He managed to break and jam the lock—meaning no entry possible through that door unless they took the time to hack it down—just as the patrol was turning around the corner, caughting them in the act. :twisted:
thorgarth wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 19:33Just one final point Benedict. I'm not marrying one attribute to a skill in such a way as to avert any other attribute to be used. Not in the least. The example with the Stealth and Agility combo is based on the attribute that is most often relevant BUT it doesn´t mean that that is true in each and every case. I even gave an example of Stealth + Cunning when planning the beast route to reach X undetected, or find out the best route or spots for an enemy to reach their location or mount an ambush.
To clarify. I don't say you are. I say that marrying Attributes to Tap Slot 1 will have all the effects I highlighted above.
thorgarth wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 19:33Apart from that or any other hacks I may do (and I do hack all the systems, as I think everyone does at a level or another) I must say I really like this system, even those mechanics that I usually cringe from in other games.
Totally agree. Both on hacks and Scoundrels.
dysjunct wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 21:48Possible solution:

You may not tap attributes at all. But, if you pay a Drama point, you may tap any one attribute you like, as long as you justify it fictionally.
Making it available only through Drama think it will have the exact opposite effect than thorgarth's hack. Meaning. It will make Attributes less appealing than what they really are.

TLDR; Personally I feel that this aspect of the rules is thoroughly thought out to maintain a delicate balance between all interacting elements, hence my little red flags on hacking in this direction. Still don't let me spoil your fun. Stay calm and keep hacking away. ;)
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
― Touchstone